ThinkPad Question

MCA is supported in 2.2.x.  My problem is that I can boot 2.2.x and see the
harddrive, but I don't have a root partition on it yet and can't fdisk or
mount it with out one (catch 22).  I've tried creating one on floppy and
booting it, but I get VFS errors.  I clearly need more research on creating
a 2.2.x boot floppy and root partition disk on a 2.0.36 machine.

It's an old 720.

Thanks
Mark