How to make money with linux...

If anyone is interested I have a Motorola PMD-100D.. it collects dust in the desk .. it is a bit better on batteries and has a charger for the NiCad that came with it. I played with it on Win CE..

Charley

At Wed, 07 Apr 99 10:17:00 -0000, you wrote:

>John Chambers wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:
>
> JC> One of the entries is "mobilelinux.com".  I've been
> JC> wondering:  If  I were  interested  in  having  a  mobile
> JC> linux  machine, what sort of options would I have?  Suppose
> JC> I wanted  to  put  together  a  laptop (handheld?)  with  a
> JC> radio modem, what sort of hardware is available? In how much
> JC> of  the  world  could  the  modem  actually  successfully
> JC> connect the machine to the Internet?
>
>We've had some success with the Motorola PM100C modem, which is a PCMCIA device
>that talks over the cellular network using CDPD.  Bell Atlantic Mobile has a
>plan which provides unlimited airtime for about $60 per month, which is not
>unreasonable.  However, this unit is discontinued, expensive, eats batteries at
>an incredible rate, and does not support external power.  In fact, due to
>errors in the supplied INF file, configuring the PM100C under Linux is actually
>a lot easier than under Windows!
>
>We are very excited about the imminent release of the Uniden DATA2000, another
>PCMCIA CDPD device that should correct most of the deficiencies of the Motorola
>for a street price well under $300.  The interface, we have been assured in
>discussions with Uniden, is standard PPP to a serial port, just like the
>Motorola.  If so, we expect Linux to be fully compatible.
>
>-- Mike
>

>-
>Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with
>"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" on the first line of the
>message body to discuss-request at blu.org (Subject line is ignored).

Charley Sparks
If dreams can come true.. What about nightmares ?
71st AHC & F Troop 8th Cav
http://www.rattlers.bitshop.com
http://www.rattlers.bitshop.com/heli-vets