uptime Was: Re: Looking for speaker for gnu autoconf/automake

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Rich Braun wrote:

> Christoph wrote:
> > If not mistaken, I believe uptime gets it's starting time from utmp (utmpx).
> > If so, it's probably not very difficult to play games and improve your
> > yearly bonus for system availablity ;-)

Nah, I'm more in the mode of having machines going up & down a lot.
I was thinking that pushing the uptime back a couple of weeks
would be a nice way to be aware of machines that had spurious
reboots.

By the tone of your responses, I guess that you both
don't think any app's are counting on this counter being
consistant.

rob
rir at mediaone.net

-