followup from nite with SAMBA

Nite was fun, I will be back....but (yes I am new...and struggling)
Have ASUS SP98-N board with Intel 82558 LAN Chipset
Running Redhat 5.2 updated to Mandrake 5.3(cheapbytes)
Can not configure the net work connection, listed in bios start-up IRQ 10 I/O
0xb800
Cann't figure up how to set up eth0 in Redhat...always get error message during
start up
Any help would be welcome...including pointing me else where
Trying to net work two computer either linux to linux or linux to windoze
Thanks to any and all
-