Fixing broken filesystems

Matthew E Galster wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

 MEG> Is there an instruction manual somewhere on how to fix these
 MEG> buggers?

I don't really know of anything good.  Remy Card, who is the principal author
of the Second Extended Filesystem, is the lead author of a book on Linux
internals, but it is awful because the English translation from French leaves
much to be desired.  I have never seen the original French edition, and I doubt
I could understand a book on Linux internals in French since the most
complicated book I have ever read in French was written by Jules Verne, but I
assume it is much better.  The English translation is so bad that the source
code examples are not even translated, so things like "copie-fichier.c" are
reprinted verbatim, with French variable names and such.

-- Mike

-