Linux.com/Looking for a Linux geek

http://www.linux.com went live on 5/18.  Check it out.  I would be very
interested in your comments.

In the interest of full disclosure I should let you all know that I
recently joined VA Linux Systems (formerly VA Research) as their New
England Marketing Manager.  I have been what someone referred to as a
"lurker" on this list, although I guess an official definition for
lurker was never established, and attended last night's meeting.  I was
hoping to have the chance to meet some of you, but, unfortunately, could
not stick around until the end.  This however is not a sales pitch.
While I am certainly expected to help sell lots of our stuff, I have
also been asked to support the local Linux community in appropriate
ways, and am excited about having the opportunity to do so.  Please feel
free to let me know if VA can be of assistance to your efforts.  Any and
all reasonable requests will be considered.

Also, I followed with great interest the "Linux geek for hire" and
"Should the BLU help its members find jobs?" threads on this list.  I
think I am within bounds in stating that I need to hire a pre-sales
technical support person, what we call a TSE, to work with me; someone
who knows Linux and would enjoy being in a sales environment.  We have
had great success so far with people from LUGs.  Our Washington, DC TSE
founded NOVA LUG and our New York Marketing Manager is the president of
NYLUG.  I have spoken to a couple of good candidates to date, but would
be interested in speaking with a few more.  If you know of anyone let me
know ASAP as I need to move quickly.

I hope you find Linux.com to be of value.

Regards,

Bill Okerman

-