Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 16:16:24 -0400
From: Glenn Burkhardt <glenn at aoi.ultranet.com>
To: Chuck Young <cyoung at bbnplanet.com>
Subject: Re: DDD && xwpe

> Massimo,
>
> I thought the quick and dirty 5 minute presentation was cool.  Would you
> be willing to do a more extensive presentation?
>
> BLU members,
>
> Is there enough interest in GUI debugging to warrant a demo/talk?  Does
> anyone have any experience in using xwpe?  I learned on Borland 3.1 and
> loved it.  Maybe we could do a combined presentation?

Funny, I too, was thinking that a general talk on code development on Linux
using native tools would be nice.  My only fear is that many folks know it all
already.

Xemacs (or emacs if you don't like color or non-Courier fonts) should be added
to the agenda, since it and "make" form the primary "IDE" under Linux.

I couldn't help but think "just like in Emacs", many times during the talk when
a particular feature was shown.  As it stands, the product they had was not
much more than a file manager.

The only other item that I'm not aware of that would be useful is a class
browser, preferably integrated into Emacs.

-