dhclient on SuSE 6.1

I have not done much homework on this.
On SuSE 6.0, dhclient worked satifactorily. The problem was that the
/sbin/init.d/dhclient script was hard coded for interface _0. I was able to
bring up the 2 interfaces by hand. On SuSE 6.1, the DHPOFFER is
rejected by SuSE. I rolled back to the 2.0.36 kernel just to somewhat
eliminate the kernel from contention. I was also able to bring up the 2
cards on my local area net just to make sure that the were visible and
operational.

Since I actually paid for SuSE, I will probably avail myself of their support,
but I was wondering if anyone else may have had a similar problem. Other
than that I am very pleased with SuSE. When I have a chance later on, I
may try to grab the dhclient from 6.0. Could possibly be differences in the
/etc/dhclient.conf.