networked laptop

I am a new Linux user, Chuck Young helped me get Red Hat 5.2 reinstalled on my
laptop. I have a network question, perhaps someone on the list can advise. This
weekend I bought a "Netgear" EN 104TP 10base-T (4) port ethernet hub for $20 at
CompUSA, add $22 for (2) UTP category 5 patch cables and a "Farallon" EtherMac
10base-T Transceiver for $30 to connect my Macinstosh to an ethernet network. The
server I'm setting up is a (2G) Compaq Armada 4120 with RedHat 5.2 with a 3Com
Fast EtherLink 16-bit ethernet PC card. So for $70 I have everything I need to
build a tiny LAN. This was supposed to be a summer project, it feels like summer
now, so I'm starting early.

My question: Is it feasible to manage the following at the same time on my
notebook?

1. Ethernet LAN at home with Compaq notebook as server to Macintosh and NeXT
computers.
2. Current connections from notebook to commercial ISP's via modem for Internet
connections.
3. Current connection from notebook to DHCP via ethernet at my job.

I hope these distinct choices will work without the risk of extensive data
re-entry issues everytime I want to move the laptop, between home and work. If
it's too difficult I'll just use a 486 PC as a stationary server at home. I've
already started on the notebook network, I just wanted a more educated opinion.
thanks in advance,

- Leslie Everett

-