SuSE dhclient followup.

I meant to send the changes I made from my system, but I forgot.
After running dhclient in debug mode, I discovered that adding the
ip-address option was incorrect. There is one missing man page in SuSE 6.1,
dhcp-options.
The bottom line on the dhclient.conf file is that I am currently using the
original script unchanged. I ran dhclient in debug mode for a while. When it
starts, it does its broadcast, acquires the appropriate data from the M1X
dhcp server, and updates the resolv.conf file. One thing I do see is
dhclient is now issuing NAKs every few seconds. I'll probably need to turn
on tcpdump to track this down, but it does not appear to cause any problem.
Everything seems to work correctly. Netscape appears to use 40 bit
encryption, so I will need to bring down the 128 bit version.

There are a few things I have not yet completed before I can totally dump
Windoz:
1. Setting up Palm Pilot hot sync and merging it with either Star Office or
KDE calendar.
2. Setting up ICQ.
3. Getting an email package I like. I do not like the KDE, mutt, Netscape,
or Star Office email. I did not install mh, but so far, the best Unix based
email package is exmh. I also have not checked out xfmail. (Sendmail worked
out of the box. KDE and Star Office mail also worked fine, it is just a
matter of personal preference).
4. Testing my Samba printer configuration. SuSE uses apsfilter which does a
good job so far with my Canon ink jet. I was pleasantly surprised when I
went to print out a short text file, and it printed it 2 column landscape by
default.
5. Find a replacement for Quicken. (Again, not a problem. There was some
discussion on this list a while ago.).
6. Setting up sounds. (I just have not gotten around to this yet).

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix