diald

Speaking of diald, I'd like to hear how people have elected to handle
DNS and SMTP mail delivery/collection?  I wasn't thrilled with diald when I
configured it, and the wife had issues with waiting random intervals
for netscape to start working.  With my PPP dialing GUI, the logs and
other icons make it very apparent when the link is up/or down...