Good place to shop for IC's

Jerry Callen wrote:

[snip]

> There's always E.L.I. on Hampshire Street in Cambridge, too.

Eli's is a great source for cables or garden variety boards,
especially DEC.  IC's, however, aren't high on their list:  maybe
if you're looking for pre-burned PROMs... ;-J.

> For new stuff, I like DigiKey. They're not cheap, but they have a LOT of
> stuff, and they are reliable. I've also shopped Jameco on occasion. Locally
> there's You-Do-It Electronics (Waltham?).

You-Blew-It?  They're really pricey, but OK for small quantities:
Highland Ave. in Needham off 128, turn East, then North at the gas
station.

Actually, the best source for IC's is to call up your favorite
industrial
supplier and order one or two.  The salesmen will just send them
to you because it's cheaper than billing you...

--
Bill Horne
-