Inappropriate ioctl for device

Great sources of Wisdom:

I have more information about the post-upgrade problems that I was having
Friday with RedHat 5.2.  One of the problems is that the keytable:

/usr/lib/kbd/keytables/us.map

had not uncompresses and so wasn't operating.

It appears there must be a similar problem in X-Windows.  On my latest
log-out,  SVGA (my monitor device) gave a warning

/dev/mouse unable to get status of mouse fd (Inappropriate ioctl for
device)

Can you tell me where to look for the appropriate files?

Xconfigurator and mouseconfig both work respond as if they're working
correctly but don't have any effect on the problem.

Thanks,
Hugh

International Press is the editor of
Advances in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
Asian Journal of Mathematics
Methods and Applications of Analysis
Journal of Combinatorics-- the print version of the Electronic
	Journal of Combinatorics

contact us at:
journals at descartes.intlpress.com
fax 617-491-6779