How do I find out if my ISP uses SLIP or PPP?

Scott Lanning wrote:

> >When I dial the company modem, I get connected to an IBM 8235 secure
> >server, which prompts me for a user ID and password.  The password,
> >however, is not fixed:  I get it from a "SecurID" card, which supplies a
> >number that changes every ten seconds.
>
> Intriguing. Please clarify. Is the card synchronized with the server,
> or...actually, is it a card as in credit card or as in network card?
> Does the server emit an encrypted password for which you have the key?

The card is the size of a credit card, with self-contained

battery: it has a six digit number display which changes every minute, and yes,

it's synchronized to the server.  The idea is to prevent somebody social

engineering my password from me.  If they steal the card, it's useless without

the PIN that only I know.

--
Bill Horne
(Remove ".nouce" from address to reply. Sorry.)

-