Hey Linux man, page,

> Blake Parker wrote:
>
> Hey Linux man, page,
>
> I put Redhat 6.0 on a box and I like the workstation feel for getting away
>
> from winblows... but I tried to compile php and MySQL... I tried
> recompiling
>
> the kernel... Nothing would compile... I've got the kernel source in there
>
> so it has access to all the headers... I did a complete install so all of
>
> the devel and gcc/make/gnutoolkit is there... Not really up to my
> standards
>
> when I can't compile stuff the way I want it.
>
> Have you heard anything about problems with it?
We discussed this at the BarBQue. I'll try to build from my SuSE
distribution and see if it builds. I know that Debian requires that
everything on their distribution be able to build. I have Red Hat 6.0, but
have not installed it because I already had SuSE installed.

--
Jerry Feldman (HP On-Site Consultant) http://gbrweb.msd.ray.com/~gzf/