RCN vs Mediaone cable modem experiences?

FWIW, a number of Somerville residents who use RCN have had various
results.  Some of us have had fairly good service.  Some others have
seen chronic packet loss and delays.  RCN is really having growing
pains, both in terms of customer service and network infrastructure.

Also, you will find that performance varries a lot over the course
of the day.  For instance, performance during business hours is much
better than performance during 'peak usage' hours (6-10pm).  YMMV.

-derek

-