High Speed Internet Providers

I have had ADSL (384k) from Flashcom for a couple months now.  I get the
same transfer rate all the time - 40Kbs.  Granted it's not as fast as
cable, but I have a STATIC IP address and consistant transfers.  These
were two important things for me.

They were also quite Linux friendly, dispite their literature saying that
they do not support it.  Their tech support people knew Linux well, and
talked me through setting up my second nic and IP Masq via ipchains.

Since Cable Modems are not available in my part of Dorchester, this was
the best option.  ISDN was way too costly, and 56K just doesn't cut it any
more.

Mark Tolman
Grant Thornton LLP
Boston, MA