Unable to log on as a normal user

This will happen when your home directory does not exist or is too low on
disk space to write on for some WM's.  If your home directory is owned by
another user, like root, it will also screw things up.

Suggestions:

1. Check the disk space/ownership issue.  If OK

2. Create a new account for a new username (use the command line "adduser
xxxx" as root and then "passwd xxxx" as root.)

3.  Let us know how you made out.

Hope This Helps

Chuck Young
GTE Internetworking