---------- Original Text ----------

From: Brian Conway <dogbert at clue4all.net>, on 7/30/99 10:15 AM:
To: Internet Gateway at SERVICES@NB2[<discuss at Blu.Org>]

I recently purchased a Tyan Tiger 100 dual PII/PIII motherboard, and it
has a single PIII-450 sitting in it.  The case it is in has a large fan on
the front portion of the case, and I believe a minimal one in the power
supply area.  The fan on the cpu is working fine, as well.  I'm curious
whether anyone has run into heat problems with the more recent Intel chips
or ATX-style motherboards.  The back of the case, especially on the metal
near the parallel port or serial connectors, is very hot to the touch.  I
have yet to experience any problems, but I'm considering either a
different case or perhaps additional cooling fans.  The PII-400 H.P.
sitting on my desk at work runs quite cool to the touch, and thus I was
rather surprised at this behavior.  Any experiences or words of advice?
I'm just looking to prevent any problems before they happen to my new
toys. =)

Brian Conway
dogbert at clue4all.net

-