Distribution for next Installfest

What do folks think about switching to SUSE for the distribution?  It seems to
be a better distribution than RedHat, in that

1.  The book in the package contains actual information on how to use Linux,
    and detail about the configuration, as opposed to instructions, like "to
    install the program, press the install button".

2.  RedHat omits quite a few programs I like, e.g., xemacs, seyon, hylafax.

3.  RedHat includes too much new software that's not yet complete.  For
example,
    in 6.0, 'gdm' is the default window manager, yet it has the fatal flaw for
    networked installations of not creating TCP xauthority cookies.  In 5.2,
    they included a version of glibc that didn't (yet) support netgroups, so
all
    rcmd functions (used by lpr) stopped working for me.

Also, what do folks think about Caldera as an alternative?  I've been reading
reviews that say their new installation program is slick.  They also claim that
they're interested in stability first...  Do they supply a book, and is it any
good?  I suppose I should just get a $25 copy at BJ Wholesale and see for
myself...

-