Is ATA/66 Supported by Linux?

http://linux.com/howto/mini/Ultra-DMA.html

> Intel HPT366 Ultra ATA/66 (embedded on the BE6 Motherboard by Abit).  Do I

Let me know how you do - I just started running my computer using this mobo
yesterday, but haven't installed Linux on it yet.

Thanks FAQ was very helpful.  To summarize how I got it working:

Follow instructions for the Promise Ultra33/66, even though it's a
different controller it works.

Basically the Linux kernel only probes for the first to IDE interfaces, on
the BE6 mobo the ATA/66 is on the 3 and 4th interfaces only.  To correct
this you have to pass a command line parameter at the boot: prompt to the
kernel to tell it to probe for the correct interface.

You have to specify the exact IO ports, to find out what are the FAQ say to
run cat /proc/pci  (even though it is an embedded interface).    In SUSE
you can get this info thru YAST.  In the end I passed this parameter and
everything worked fine from there (make sure to configure LILO with the
same parameter):

boot: linux ide3=0xe400,0xe802

This will, of course, vary according to your hardware configuration.

Final note:  This is a fix, the HPT366 is not natively supported by the
kernel 2.2.x when it is supported (knock on wood) to gain the full speed of
the controller upgrade the kernel (word is 2.3.x supports it natively).

Good luck,
Jason
-