KDE question on SuSE

Hi,
	right now we have kde 1.1.1. In 4/6 weeks we will have kde 1.1.2
(hopfully 1.2, I hate all this X.Y.Z.T.W). 1.1.1 is much better than kde
1.0. As usual 1.2 will be even better (speed and memory managment +
icons, themes and other utilities....)

I don't know gnome, I'm sorry :(

The complain with the wm is not valid though:
kde can be used with a other wm that is not kwm (blackbox, ICEwm and
others...).

GNOME is wm clean: you have to use one that is not provided by
gnome....ok ok, it cames with E, but you can use gnome with fvwm or
either kwm soooo.... yeah I can have the same complain (the "i.e.
dimensions when you resized a window") that you had for kde....

But, I repeat, I don't know GNOME and I respect the work of both....

Hope this help
			Massimo

Derek Martin wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>
> > Also, is there anyone out there who has used both KDE and GNome. I would
> > like to get an opinion.
> >

> Yep.  I like gnome better.  KDE's window manager was missing some things
> last time I used it (i.e. dimensions when you resized a window) and KDE is
> in general more of a resource hog than Gnome.
>
> I last used KDE 1.0 I believe, and I think the current version is 1.1, so
> I'm not sure how my criticisms stand up, but I'm sticking with Gnome
> nonetheless.
>
> Derek D. Martin   |  UNIX System Administrator
> derek at netria.com  |  dmartin at lancity.com
>
> -

                                               _...__..-'
Massimo Morin                                .'
mmorin at schedsys.com                        .'
+1 (617) 623-4155                        .'
                                       .'
            .------._                 ;
      `   `;'-.-'         '-    ._     Scheduling Systems Inc.
        .--'``  '._      - '   .       Three University Office Park
         `""'-.    `---'    ,          95 Sawyer Road
 ''--..__      `\                      Waltham, 02453 Massachusetts USA
         ``''---'`\      .'            +1 (781) 893-0390 x 126
                   `'. '               http://www.schedsys.com
                     `'.
-