Blake Parker
Associate Director
Boston Linux & UNIX
mailto:bfp at blu.org
http://www.blu.org
)B?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-discuss at blu.org [mailto:owner-discuss at blu.org]On Behalf Of
Massimo Morin
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 1999 10:08 AM
To: bparker at arcmail.com; discuss at Blu.Org
Subject: Re: Speakers for LDD in Boston

Hi,
	I don't know if it is possible but why don't we do seminars or seminar
cycles (2 or 3 dates each) on a certain topic (Installing Linux, using
Gimp, Emacs, debugging tools, samba, apache, tcl/tk, scripting in
general, etc etc etc): we send out mail and/or invitation to certain
company/professionist that can be interested on that and we charge them
a fee of partecipation???

In this way you have:
1)  people are incentivated to do the seminar (you are talking with
someone that is REALLY interested on the topic)
2)  the speaker can "make its name" on the "worrking arena"
3)  enstablish contacts between the BLU and the "working world"
4)  if everything is reasonably good for a reasonable price people will
start talking about us
5)  spread the Linux word

.. last bat not least you rise money even for the "teacher/speaker"

To every company/professionist that partecipate to these, you can invite
them for free to the speech of, for example, Jeremy ;)

I will be very happy to contribute to this ;)

This is only an idea but...

Cheers
		Massimo

Blake Parker wrote:

> This is one of the reasons we need to find a way to generate some money
> for the group. We do not charge any membership fees and what we make on
> an Installfest isn't enough to pay transportation expenses for speakers.
> I'd like to have peoples ideas on what we can do to generate some money
> the group can use for special purposes. Email discussion is a way to start
> this process and at some point an informal meeting could be scheduled.
>
> --Blake
>
> Blake Parker
> Associate Director
> Boston Linux & UNIX
> mailto:bfp at blu.org
> http://www.blu.org

                                               _...__..-'
Massimo Morin                                .'
mmorin at schedsys.com                        .'
+1 (617) 623-4155                        .'
                                       .'
            .------._                 ;
      .-"""`-.<')    `-._           .'
      `   `;'-.-'         '-    ._     Scheduling Systems Inc.
        .--'``  '._      - '   .       Three University Office Park
         `""'-.    `---'    ,          95 Sawyer Road
 ''--..__      `\                      Waltham, 02453 Massachusetts USA
         ``''---'`\      .'            +1 (781) 893-0390 x 126
                   `'. '               http://www.schedsys.com
                     `'.
-

-