how to set up my home Linux server as a mail server?

Derek,

Thanks for the tip on IMAP.  I got it installed, thought the imapd daemon
doesn't seem to be running.  Where do I go from here for documentation on
starting it and configuring it to be my mail server?  My stupid Red Hat book
doesn't have anything about it, and there is no imap man page and the imapd
man page is just a small thing.  So where do I go from here? Thanks.

Rob Freeman

-