Is there a way to access X via telnet?

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 09:28:29AM +0800, Rae Pedrosa wrote:

> Hi there. I'm Running RH Linux 2.1.35 and ive installed the full Xfree86
> Package and I was wondering if there is a package that allows remote
> access of the X Windows interface. I know that there is such a port for
> FreeBSD and other UN*X platforms but I'm not sure if Linux has one.

Getting ssh would work... ssh to a remote box, and then run X applications
from there - they'll pipe over your ssh connection. (Check out the $DISPLAY
variable on the remote end once you've logged in via ssh. It fakes out a
display for you.)

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason at acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.