Xterm and .Xresources

They've actually cut down on the number of reboots necessary for Win2000
(I'm running RC1 right now, and they *really* have!).

I've noticed that a lot of new Linux users reboot without thinking after
making changes - they don't realize it's not necessary! ;)

Most folks don't realize you can unregister, replace, and re-register DLLs
on the fly. The reason this STILL isn't up to par is that there's no way to
kill the windows GUI to do this - and most system DLLs are required to use
the GUI (so you can't replace without - you guessed it - a reboot).

Having the overhead and complexity of a GUI like the windows shell on a
dedicated server is *insane*, and it's about time they did something about
it.

--
Niall Kavanagh    | Webmaster @  The Patricia Seybold Group
niall at psgroup.com | Corporate Site:  http://www.psgroup.com