RCN headache, on day 1

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 04:38:27PM -0400, Sheldon Dubrowin wrote:
> Just got off the phone with RCN tech support, if you want to run a server
> and have your DNS updated somewhere, you have to set that up yourself.
> RCN will not do that for you.  If I had known this before signing up I
> would not have switched.  I'm not a happy camper.

	RCN's hostnames are ugly, but static (based on your cable modem's
serial #).  You don't get a pretty name, but it is static, so you can do a
CNAME for it if you have a host.  register.com takes care of the DNS for
the domain I registered from them, which makes this nice and trivial.
	It is better than some places, which assign you a hostname based
on your current IP address ...

	I'm happily switching next week.  M1X has terrible tech support,
keeps trying to screw me on the bill, has pathetic reliability and is at
least 20$ a month more expensive than RCN.  I can't wait! :)

-Seth
--
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion"
-