RCN headache, on day 1

The hostname is based upon the Cable Modem Serial Number, not the IP
Address.  For example, my hostname is:

Official name:  r85aap013821.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.com
Host address:   209.6.194.93

Looking at my Cable Modem, it is serial number 85aap013821 -- printed
right on the back of the modem.

-derek

-