RCN headache, on day 1

I don't know -- it's certainly possible that either:
	a) there is a different setup, or
	b) RCN has changed its Operating Procedures.

Neither option would surprise me.

OTOH, your IP address is quazi-static and probably wont be
renumbered often (if at all).  You can always just create
a DNS A Record for your desired hostname, and just change
that whenever you get renumbered.  FWIW, I've never been
renumbered since I got RCN last spring.

-derek

-