Super User

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 12:26:23AM +0000, kyle at breezy.com wrote:
> No change, still returns "[I have no name!@"  Any other suggestions???
>
> Thanks
>
> Kyle

Does your system use a hashed database for the passwords (ie., do you have
the files /etc/passwd.dir and /etc/passwd.pag)?  If so, they might have
become corrupted.  Try using 'mkpasswd' or 'vipw' as root to rebuild them.

Also review your password file for blank lines, comments, or incomplete
entries. Any of these can cause the password file to be ignored entirely,
or at least ignore everything after the bad data.

MarkG
--
Mark Gelinas                         Compaq Computer Corporation
EMail: gelinas at zk3.dec.com           110 Spit Brook Road, ZKO3-3/V08