Feedback wanted asap

We use an HP 1554 DDS-3 SCSI 4mm DAT drive for our backups of a heterogenous
network (SunOS, Solaris, Linux, Win95, WinNT).  These have a 12gb capacity, but
the drive writes compressed data, so the effective capacity is much higher (at
least 2x).

I have scripts that are run by cron each night, that use 'dump' for the Unix
systems, and 'smbclient' for the MS systems.

We rotate which machine gets a full backup each night, and use incrementals on
the other days.

For the MS machines, I exclude from the backups directories that include
program files, since I've never been able to figure out how to restore an
entire MS disk from a tape anyway.  So I count on re-loading all of the
programs
from CDROM, and then put the user files in from the backup tapes.

I'd be happy to send you copies of the scripts if you're interested.

-