What is the RPM to install gcc???

Derek Martin hath scribed:
>On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Wass wrote:
>
>> have gcc running.  Where is this RPM?  what is it called?  i skimmed over
>> the 600-odd RPMS, and I didn't see something that would be related to
>> gcc (Well, there was EGCS, but I want gcc).
>> 	Could someone please help me out?  Thanks.
>
>EGCS and GCC are one in the same, at this point in time.

Hi Derek, thanks for the response.  Someone pointed this out to me last
night, so I was able to install the compiler!

I now have a different problem : some of the makes don't work, because
they can't find header files, like stdio.h.  I've found these files
in /usr/src/linux/include/linux, but I don't know where the make is defaulting
to search for these.  Do you know how to change this?

I may just re-install the RedHat 6.0 again, and make sure to include
kernel and C development options during the install.  It would be nice if
there was a way to search through the RPM's (uninstalled ones at that) to
see which RPM would install a given file.  Or is there a way to do this
currently?

	Thanks,

	- wass

-