RedHat 6.1- again!

Hello Again:
If anyone responded to my first post (repeated below) could you please
forward your response directly to me at noleks at lsil.com?  Turns out I
wasn't yet authorized to get your responses.  I'm all set now though.
Thanks,
Nick Oleksinski

Hi All:

I just bought a brand spanking new Gateway Performance 600 with the
following features:
-Pentium III 600 MHz
-nVidia TNT2 BIOS
-nVidia 16 MB RIVA TNT2 M64 Graphics Accelerator
-Promise ATA Ultra 66 disk controller
-27.3 GB Hard Drive
-8x/32x DVD ROM drive
-4x/4x/24x Philips Recordable/ReWriteable CD/ROM
-128 MB SDRAM
-SoundBlaster Live! Value w/ digital audio output

I bought RedHat Linux 6.1 a week before the computer arrived, only to
find that it couldn't be loaded due to the unsupported Promise Ultra-66
ATA controller.  I then downloaded the 2.2.13 kernel and kernel patch
that supports this drive.  After making a boot disk from my old machine
(make zdisk), I find that it hangs after the following message:

ide2 at 0x10a8-0x10af, 0x109e on irq 5

Has anyone else seen this?  Is there any way I can extract more info
from the boot by compiling the kernel in some sort of debug mode or
something?  My computer freezes at exactly the same spot when I try to
boot using the RHL 6.0 beta boot image provided by Promise.  Any help
would be appreciated and it would definitely be worth a few bucks to the
cause if you can get me up and running.
Please help me avoid Windows 98!!

Thanks
-Nick Oleksinski