fetchmail keeps dying

> My fetchmail keeps dying every 10 minutes or so. It was working
> fine until yesterday. I can't figure out why it is dying it keeps
> dying so often. It is run in daemon mode. This is the command line
> I have been using.
>
> fetchmail -a -s -K -d 900
>
> Any explanation, why fetchmail keeps dying.

Thanks for all those who replied. The problem was a combination
of fetchmail version and my MDA. I have upgraded fetchmail to 5.1.0
and fixed my MDA scripts. fetchmail works a lot better now.

One of the items in the logs, I have noticed is that there are some
very big mail files on my pop server. How can I delete such files
without downloading? I don't want to download anything over 5K octets.
These files are 20K+ octets and fecthmail timesout trying to get this
mail. These big files are part of the problem, why fetchmail is timing
out during the fetch operation.

Subba Rao
subb3 at ibm.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/