Where is rlz.ne.mediaone.net?

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 05:43:23PM -0500, Sheldon Dubrowin wrote:
> I heard they have been changing all the host names to be the mac address that
> you have told them you are using.  He may have had his hostname changed.
>
> 	Shel

MediaOne has been changing hostnames to MAC addresses for those accounts
that have the same name on both system and email.  This is being done, if
I remember correctly, as a security precaution (if you know an email
address, you can get the system name, thus can attack that persons system
directly).  This 'fix' did affect quite a number of people, and Rob was
most likely one of them.  MediaOne will restore the original name if you
ask, so he should be back soon.

MarkG