your web page

Boy, they really are persnickity....

I tried to access their page (www.fox.com) with the Netscape Navigator on my
Linux system, and noticed that netscape momentarily displayed a message saying
that I needed the 'shockwave' plugin for netscape.

It's available for Linux (http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/).

But this wasn't enough.  I got farther - the error message display didn't
occur, and an all black screen appeared.  But something on their site must
be checking for the system type, and disallowing entry (even with the
shockwave plugin installed and working).

But complaints should also be addressed to Macromedia if the plugin isn't
available for your system type.  It looks like they might have plans for
a Solaris port (a snap if they have a Linux port working)...

-