3Com modem

Hi:
I have a 56k PCI modem (not winmodem) made by 3Com.  I have loaded Suse
Linux 6.3 on my machine and when I do a 'lspci -tv' I get an error that
says something like "3Com Modem... not recognized".
Is there a driver I can load for this modem?
Also, I'm trying to get my SoundBlaster Live! sound card working (I've
installed the emu10k1 module on top of soundcore) but I'm not having any
luck.  Everything seems loaded & running yet no sound is coming out of
the speakers.  Anyone got any helpful hints out there?
Thanks
-Nick Oleksinski
-