3Com modem

> Also, I'm trying to get my SoundBlaster Live! sound card working (I've
> installed the emu10k1 module on top of soundcore) but I'm not having any
> luck.  Everything seems loaded & running yet no sound is coming out of
> the speakers.  Anyone got any helpful hints out there?

To reiterate in part what's already been said, this page showed up on
linux.com recently, and has a decent outline for setup and operation:

http://www.linux.com/multimedia/multimedia.phtml?function=dispart&id=45

I went through such a setup on a machine for a friend of mine and didn't
run into any major difficulties, so hopefully it'll get you there. =)

Brian J. Conway
dogbert at clue4all.net
Geek for hire: http://clue4all.net/resume

Never ask a lawyer to do a penguin's work.
                -- Kevin Reichard
-