Can anyone tell me how to download a fix from Red Hat...

The problem is that one of the extentions for RealPlayer is .rpm.
Best bet is to use ftp, and do the transfer that way, or, from Linux:
rpm -U ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/updates/xxxxx.rpm.
I used the URL form here because you can cut and paste from the web.
In Windows, you can either use ftp from the DOS prompt or any ftp
client. Don't forget to set the transfer to binary mode, not text mode.

On 1 Feb 00, at 13:31, Kevin M. Gleason wrote:

> I'm trying to get my internet dialer running with my new modem. RH6.1
> support tells me I need the following updates:
> initscripts (can't find)
> usermode
> rp3
> ppp
>
> I am on my win98 notebook and when I click on the appropriate filename I
> enter ftp, download for 3 or more minutes. Then can't find my download
> (by name). If anything, I get the realtime player appearing. Can anyone
> help me with the simple maneuver?
>
> Kevin
>
> -

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>