Can anyone tell me how to download a fix from Red Hat...

Kevin,

Having windoze try to open up your real media player is a common thing when you are trying to grab rpm files, just right click the file, then choose "save link as",
you are correct that you will need the initscripts, you can find them in the update section for redhat at http://www.redhat.com/download/mirror.html

Phil

-