Why We Must Fight UCITA

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Subba Rao wrote:

> I do not know the validity of this message. I apologize if this is a rumor,
> since I did not see a mail route in the header info and there is no digital
> signature on this note. Mr. Stallman would have PGP or PG signed a note before
> it went out.

Well, if it wasn't authentic, whoever wrote it did a DAMN good job of
imitating rms's ideas, values, speech patterns, and arrogance.  Don't get
the wrong idea... I support this effort 100% -- but he still manages to
piss me off 100% of the time with some of his qualifications and caveats.
The guy seems to have no idea that word definitions and the ideas they
describe can sometimes overlap.  He's just too damn rigid and unwavering.
Other than that, I like the guy. :)

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"    "Who watches the watchmen?"
-Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347

Derek D. Martin      |  Senior UNIX Systems/Network Administrator
Arris Interactive    |  A Nortel Company
derekm at mediaone.net  |  dmartin at ne.arris-i.com