Question of Property...

yep, you can still get alpha based products from compaq, but the name
of the servers have changed.. when DEC sold them they were
AlphaServers, now they're (at least) GSx40's.. we're running a couple
gs140's (maybe 240 my coffee is too weak today to remember) that are
the equivalent of the alphaserver 8400 (an amazing machine).. and I
mean equivalent.. we actually ordered an 8400 and 2 weeks later
ordered a 140 (the name change went through in the interim) and the
exact same box came with a paint-over job and a new name plate (with
marks from the old one still in place)..

-P

In a previous episode Kevin M. Gleason said...
::
:: Does anyone know if when Compaq acquired DEC if the DEC Alpha chip is
:: now known as the Compaq Alpha? Is DEC totally consumed by Compaq or does
:: it still produce processor chips by a different name?
::
:: Thanks for your help!
::
:: Kevin
::
:: -
:: Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with
:: "subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" on the first line of the
:: message body to discuss-request at blu.org (Subject line is ignored).
::

-