signals not working in shells run under emacs on SUSE 6.3

Also, look at the SuSE support page. There is an update on the SuSE
updates page for both emacs and xemacs. The way I to my updates is to
use YaST. When you go to install packages, select ftp, and it defailts to
the updates section by default. As you go down each section you get the
standard list of packages, and it will tell you if it is already installed or if
you have an older version installed, or none at all. There are some recent
security updates, expecially to bind and lprold.Another package corrects
permisisions on the /dev/pts entries.

BTW: the printing problem that I had reported earlier was a result of a
couple of cockpit errors. One was selecting a non-existent printer for
apsfilter. The other was a permission problem not resulting from the
upgrade.