CAS Rating of DIMMs

Derek;

    What I find interesting and surprising is that ALL the CAS3 DIMMs of the
same manufacture were to some degree capable of faster bus speed than their
CAS2 (in some cases dramatically faster, such as the Mitsubishi brand PC100
DIMMs). If I understand the rating system (and it seems I don't), CAS2
should be faster. Perhaps this is an issue of motherboard settings that
actually slow down the read/write modes for CAS3 but this then allows a
faster FSB but not necessarily faster data transfers??? Or have I just
screwed up the concept of CAS Latency in general?
    And while PC133 were in general a little faster than their PC100
counterparts, with the PNY it was just the opposite although not by much.
Since my LX boards are sometimes a little picky on memory (despite being a
66MHz bus), I find these correlations of great interest.

  And speaking of these dual Pentium LX boards, I'm still looking to put
some more processors in them. Since a lot of people may have upgraded their
BX boards to faster Pentium 2 chips at 100MHz, does anyone have a source for
some used 300 or 333MHz PII chips? I figure with the faster Celerons running
at 466MHz under $100 and the Via Joshua soon to be released (this
Tuesday???) that a used PII running at 66MHz should be relatively cheap. And
I definitely need inexpensive parts to finish my 9 PCs for the LINUX
cluster.

Thanks!  Randy Hofland