Windoz disk copy tools

I asked a couple of people here, and they confirm that dd, tar or cp
should be ok. I think dd would be most appropriate when the source and
target partitions are the same size. The reason for the question goes
back to DOS when the boot sector needed to know where msdos.sys
and io.sys was. But, in the worst case, I have a Win95 and Win98 CD
and boot floppies, so there should be no problem to make it bootable
again.

On 21 Feb 00, at 15:43, Derek Martin wrote:

> Yes, I believe you can do that with Linux too... use the dd command.

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org