Linux device drivers...followup...

Hi all,
After Jerry's response I did a lookup of floppy drives in /dev directory and
obtained a list of those beginning with fd0 (and identical list was there for
fd1):
fd0
fd0D360
fd0D720
fd0H1440
fd0H360
fd0H720
fd0d360
fd0h1200
fd0h360
fd0h720
Can I assume that when the system starts up it looks in ROM Bios and matches up
my 1.44M floppy drive with its device driver fd0H1440 and uses its device info?
What do all of the other numbers stand for and why are there repeats (360
appears four times)? If these numbers reference disk capacity does the letter
preceeding it represent drive size (8", 5 1/4", 3 1/2")?
Thanks.

Kevin

-