Any Consultants Familiar with LDAP/pam/NIS etc?

> All of the above are moving along very well. But I'm left with one
> critical issue that I just can't seem to get my hands around:
>
> Basically it's User Authentication. NT->Synchronized with Linux
> Accounts. LDAP. pam. pam_ldap, pam_smb, nss_ldap, YP, NIS. I'm dizzy
> with all of the reading I've done.

Don't worry, be happy.  What system and desktop are you using?  Basically,
just use one of the existing tools to create user accounts (e.g., linuxconf
or under KDE, the User Manager).  If your linuxconf has been configured to
handle SAMBA, there's an option under Defaults|Share Setup that specifies that
Linux and SMB passwords are to be synchronized - turn it on!  Otherwise,
you'll have to use one of the manual methods to create an smbpasswd file
that contains NT encrypted passwords.

Or, you can turn off password encryption on the NT boxes.... see the
SAMBA documentation.

You don't really need to worry about all the different password authentication
systems at the start - those are advanced topics.  Your distribution has
selected/enabled most of what you'll probably want.

Good Luck!

-