floppy access problems are back..

This sets permissions as Derek mentioned.
chmod 666 /dev/fd0

I don't like setting ownership to nobody. Also, you should use the mtools
packages if you are going to be doing DOS type things:
mcopy xxx a:
This will copy the file xxx to /dev/fd0.

You can also do:tar cf /dev/fd0 <files to tar>

You can also create a Linux file system on a floppy.

One warning. If you mount the floppy:
mount /dev/fd0 /floppy

Don't forget to umount it before you remove it. You will lose data.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group

-