Linux on 486 boxen (RAM and HD limitations)

We used to have RHL 5.X on a 386/20MHz with 8MB RAM and 240MB HDD.
Although a bit slow as per current standards, I used to have this
as a nameserver. Unless there was a power outage, the machine never gave
any problems. And the speed was never a problem if it was remotely
accessed using telnet.

So, I think the config u say will work, if u go for the mimimum stuff
only.

To take it in a different angle, this will be a good opportunity to
demonstrate that Linux is NOT resource-hungry unlike ....

-
Oommen