Booting different kernels

Hello,

I was curious about duel booting between the 2.2.x kernel and the 2.0.x kernel.
What might some of the consequences be? I know that the two are different so
i thought that i would ask before things go screwy.

The reason for this is because I'm trying to teach myself how to write device
drivers, and the only resources i can find are for the 2.0.x kernel. I bought
the book Writing Linux Devices and I'm getting the gist of it but i really need
to learn by doing, and that book uses the 2.0.x kernel. All the examples that i
can find on the web are from the 2.0.x kernel as well. None of them will
compile. The only alternative i can think of is to simply look at the kernel
code, but i wouldn't know where to start.

I'm just trying to brain storm on what might happen if i boot the 2.0.x kernel.
Or if someone could point me some elementary code in the kernel that i might be
able to teach myself who to write device drivers with that would be appreciated
too.

Thanks,
--Brad

-